Monday, September 5, 2011

Half Marathon....check


On Saturday we ran with Dean Karnazas and Bart Yasso at a 5k fun run. Then we went to the expo and got a photo op with Dean. In the line to meet Dean, there was a guy from San Antonio who was right in front of us. He asked if we could take his picture when he got up there and of course we did. Following suit, I turned around and asked the couple behind us if they could take a picture of Kevin and I with Dean when we got up there and of course, they said yes. I should have known, when the older man took the camera and his wife said "A good picture dear, she said a GOOD picture" that maybe, there might be an issue....He took a few for us when we got up there.....this was the best of the bunch! LOL



Hanging loose with Dean




Next day, Sunday, the race was on. The race started at 6am. We got up at 4:20 got ready and Kevin ran the 1.3 miles from our hotel to the start as a warmup.....I took the shuttle...

Everyone at the start was in such a good mood. I mean, if you think about it, they all either live in Hawaii (nice) or they are on vacation here in Hawaii (more nice). The weather was perfect, low 70s.

Start was great and the course was very nice. It was hilly, which is what I had been worried about, but it wasn't too bad. I think I had anticipated it to be so much worse which in the end probably helped me get through it a little easier.

Kevin met me around mile 12.7, very close to the end and snapped some photos. Nice scenary!

Close to the finish!




Bringing it home oceanside



I finished the half in 2:31. Happy to have ran (I mean jogged) the whole way and happy to have finished. BUT....the big winner was Kevin (of course!). He brought it in in 1:27:..! Over all winner in his age group and 13th over all and a new PR for the half! Amazing! Keep it going Kevin! You definitely have it in you!


Rockin the Kauai Half!




No comments:

Post a Comment